QM Environmental is one of Canada’s largest full-service national decommissioning and environmental remediation firms. Always committed to health, safety and environment; QM has been experiencing a consistent growth in the last years and we would like to invite you to be part of this team.
We offer exciting career growth, professional development, and a culture that is supported by teamwork and open communication. At QM, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with some of the most talented professionals and innovative thought-leaders in the industry.
QM Environmental is seeking Senior Project Managers for its large scale environmental remediation projects in Ontario.
Position Location: Mississauga, ON
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for executing projects that meet or exceed company financial targets, on time and within budget while ensuring compliance with QM’s Health and Safety Policies and Programs. This senior role manages client relationships and business development in both identifying potential works and estimating and working through the bid process while being accountable for on-site project resources, both human and capital.
We are looking for a candidate who has experience in analyzing and evaluating complex contaminated sites problems and in planning and leading multi-disciplinary teams of technical and field operations personnel and external consultants to execute remediation solutions.
Project Execution & Close - Out
- Ensuring projects are executed in accordance with client contract key performance indicators, QM financial targets, within budget and on-time
- Opening jobs (Project Billing Sheet) and obtaining contracts and purchase orders
- Ensuring that field data, human capital and equipment time, billing etc. is collected, maintained and processed accurately
- Leading the bid review process, including presenting preconstruction submittals / permits, RFPs, RFQs, bid evaluation and risk assessment
- Tracking project budget, schedule job profitability and financial performance
- Delegating work / engaging subcontractors
- Project collections and post construction submittals
- Understanding contracts and communicating project risks effectively with clients and stakeholders and negotiating contract changes
Client Relationships and Business Development
- Working with stakeholders to identify suitable business opportunities and prospects while cultivating and managing business relationships, both new and existing
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in business development and interacting with clients
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with direct responsibility for all resource allocation and management responsibilities and with the administration of prime contracts, subcontracts, and contract changes
- Experience in evaluating remedial options with respect to various technical, schedule, budget, regulatory, and financial constraints and in writing construction estimates
- Graduate from both a secondary and a post-secondary institution
- Graduate from a university program related to earth sciences or engineering (preferred)
- Certified Engineering Technologist or Professional Engineer would be an asset
- Of environmental legislation, standards, and guidelines related to contaminated sites
- Of the Project Management Body of Knowledge published by the Project Management Institute
- Of the engineering design, tender, and construction management processes and related contractual conditions for a variety of remediation technologies
- To analyze and evaluate complex contaminated sites problems and to plan and lead multi-disciplinary teams of technical and field operations personnel and external consultants to execute remediation solutions
- To prepare detailed ‘bottom-up’ construction cost estimates for the purposes of responding to specific tender requests and in preparing analogous or ‘top-down’ estimates for budgetary purposes
- To understand contracts; communicate project risks effectively with clients and stakeholders and to negotiate contract changes
We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).QM Environmental welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as well as part of employment with QM Environmental.