QM Environmental is one of Canada’s largest full-service national decommissioning and environmental remediation firms. Always committed to health, safety and the environment;,QM has been experiencing a consistent growth in the last years and we would like to invite you to be part of our team.
We offer exciting career growth, professional development, and a culture that is supported by teamwork and open communication. At QM, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from,and collaborate with some of the most talented professionals and innovative thought-leaders in the industry.
We pleased to announce an opportunity for an Emergency Response Team Lead to join our team in Ottawa.
Job Type: Full Time
An ER Lead is responsible for supporting the ER Team with Hazardous Materials response and assists with efficient and timely response 24 hours a day in a professional and safe manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Of environmental legislation, standards, and guidelines
- A technical understanding of spill response needs, containers, products, regulatory expectations
- An overall ability to manage a spill operation
- An eye for safety and a strong orientation towards compliance of health and safety regulation
- Strong communication skills and good interpersonal skills are absolutely necessary
- Leadership skills
- Accuracy/ attention to detail
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline preferred or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience
- NFPA 472 Hazardous Materials Technician Level or greater
- NFPA 472 Tank Car/Tank Truck Specialist is an asset
- Confined Space Entry/Rescue Certification
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Construction Safety Officer (CSO) is an asset
- Minimum 1 year experience in hazardous materials response
- Ability to lead and coach a team of Responders
- Previous experience in chemical handling, transferring, and waste management
- Previous experience with the assessment of industrial services and a keen understanding of working at heights and confined space
- Both office and outdoor activities related to typical diverse environments and varied locations, ability to work in inclement weather conditions as required and to travel regularly.
- Required to work on call
Please note that once we receive your application we will contact you if your qualifications meet the requirements for the role.
We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).QM Environmental welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as well as part of employment with QM Environmental.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies. Thank you.