QM Environmental is one of Canada’s largest full-service national decommissioning and environmental remediation firms. Always committed to health, safety and environment; QM has been experiencing a consistent growth in the last years and we would like to invite you to be part of this team.
We offer exciting career growth, professional development, and a culture that is supported by teamwork and open communication. At QM, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with some of the most talented professionals and innovative thought-leaders in the industry.
QM Environmental is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to provide support to our Western Canada region.
Reporting to: Head of Supply Chain
This position is responsible for managing multiple tier supply partners, locally and nationally, with a focus on corporate/administrative-oriented spending such as travel and office supplies, and some project-related spending in limited areas where advantages can be gained through economies of scale such as fuel, transportation, personal protective equipment and equipment.
- Leads the sourcing process for assigned spend categories
- Develops and recommends sourcing strategies that maximize value and mitigates risk to the company
- Performs sourcing functions, including spend analysis, market analysis, sourcing/contract strategy development, bid solicitation, supplier proposal analysis, negotiation, contract awards and implementation
- Develops the contract negotiation plan, leads or supports the contract negotiation process with stakeholders. Drafts, finalizes and executes the contracts with stakeholders, management and legal
- Manages the supplier onboarding process
- Identifies and implements performance metrics to measure supplier performance
- Works with key stakeholders and suppliers to manage supplier performance
- Builds strong relationships with QM's business partners and vendors
- Provides subject matter expertise and best practices throughout the company on supplier management and procurement
- Manages the contract through the term of engagement to maximize value
- Develops and maintains effective supplier relationships
- Collaborates with operations and field teams to support all sourcing activities, specifically related to projects
- Maintains systems data integrity – item master/catalogue, contract database, sourcing records, etc.
- Assists the Head of Supply Chain with the development of the overall sourcing plan development and opportunity assessment
- Other responsibilities, as required
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or equivalent level of 4 years' Post-Secondary education
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) designation an asset
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a strategic sourcing role, preferably within the remediation, construction, demolition, emergency response or similar industry
- Experience in dealing with multi-stakeholder engagement
- Previous experience working with a sourcing methodology
- Must have sourcing, negotiation and contracting skills
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV software an asset
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Experience working with Request for Proposal/Request for Quote documents, contracts, service level agreements and statement of work
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Builds effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work effectively with various computer software
- Ability to manage deadlines; multi-task
- Effective problem solving skills; ability to make decisions
- Ability to manage all personality types
- Effective interpersonal relations
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Independent and a team player
- Exceptional customer service abilities
Work is primarily in an office environment but requires occasional travel to work sites and other office locations.