QM Environmental is one of Canada’s largest full-service national civil and environmental remediation firms. Always committed to health, safety, and the environment, along with our highly trained and qualified personnel QM LP has developed a robust network of suppliers, sub-contractors, consultants, First Nations partners and other strategic partners. Together we are able to meet the diverse needs of our clients across the country, offering everything from specialized services to large, complex end-to-end solutions.
QM’s four business lines include Demolition and Decommissioning, Hazardous Materials Abatement, Environmental Remediation including Civil Earthworks, and Emergency Management & Environmental Response Services.
Our experience and expertise are backed by an impressive portfolio of projects involving the management and execution of complex projects in busy downtown city centres and rural/remote areas. We ensure that all our project sites are managed through comprehensive Health and Safety, and environmental management policies to protect our employees and the surrounding communities. In addition, we help our customers maximize the value that can be derived from salvageable asset recovery within the structure.
QM Environmental is looking for highly motivated Operators to work at our Snap Lake site, NWT. You will be operating heavy equipment used in the demolition and reclamation of contaminated sites, including the removal of excavation of contaminated soils, construction of landfills, and building demolition. Employees will have the opportunity to gain experience in various aspects of demolition work and to contribute to a safe and successful project.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Follow all QMLP safety procedures and policies
- Attention to detail
- Good time management
- Ability to perform in all key areas of role
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Follow all QMLP safety procedures and policies.
- Ability to work safely in the area of demolition using heavy equipment to demolish various structures.
- Operate heavy equipment with shear/bucket/pulverizing attachments
- Conduct pre-operational check on equipment
- Notify supervisor and or repair shop of any required work to be done
- Clean, lubricate and fuel all equipment and general site housekeeping
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- Grade 12 is an asset
- 1 to 2 years of demolition or construction experience preferred
- Having a valid Driver’s License and vehicle would be an asset
- Trades Certifications are an asset
- The ability to read blueprints, diagrams, and plans
- Able to work long hours, overtime, and possible weekend work in various weather conditions
- Willing and able to work away from home for lengthy periods of time on different projects
- English language – verbal, reading, and written comprehension
- Strong mechanical knowledge with the respect to maintenance, servicing and repair of heavy-duty equipment
- Be fit for work every day
- Be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
Work will be on a demolition work site. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required for all site work. Candidates must provide their own steel toe CSA approved work boots.
The NWT territories is the most populous territory in northern Canada. It is bordered by Nunavut, Yukon, British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. The NWT offers stunning natural scenery, including Wood Buffalo National Park being the largest national park in Canada. It is located north of the Artic Circle where you will also experience the “Midnight Sun” that arrives in May and doesn’t depart until the end of July. Lastly, in central Northwest Territories, the Aurora Borealis is visible for an average of 240 nights per year. That is nearly every single night of the late summer, fall, winter, and early spring.
QM Environmental offers competitive wages, out of town allowance, meals, accommodations, and all flights provided.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
QM Environmental is a staunch advocate for diversity in all its forms, and especially welcomes applications from members of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour) community, women, people with disabilities, the LGBTQ+ community, and those of diverse intersectional identities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as well as part of employment with QM Environmental.
Compliance with company policies is a requirement of employment. Please note that this includes QM’s Covid-19 in the Workplace Vaccination Policy, which requires vaccination for all employees who require in-person contact with others at a jobsite or in an office. Accommodations will be considered where legally required.