QM Environmental is one of Canada’s largest full-service national civil and environmental remediation firms. Always committed to health, safety and the environment, along with our highly trained and qualified personnel QM LP has developed a robust network of suppliers, sub-contractors, consultants, First Nations partners and other strategic partners. Together we are able to meet the diverse needs of our clients across the country, offering everything from specialized services to large, complex end-to-end solutions.
QM’s four business lines include Demolition and Decommissioning, Hazardous Materials Abatement, Environmental Remediation including Civil Earthworks, and Emergency Management & Environmental Response Services.
We have an immediate opening for an Emergency Action Centre Technician (12-month contract for maternity leave coverage) with the potential of converting to a regular/permanent position. This position reports to the Emergency Action Centre Team Lead.
An Emergency Action Centre Service Technician (dispatch) within the Emergency Response division is responsible for the following duties:
- Receive, respond and direct calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Facilitate bilingual (when possible) emergency response call reception.
- Administer emergency work activation for all Canadian or US clients and internal QM LP personnel.
- Administer detailed documentation and communications during emergency response projects.
- Administrative Support for the ER division for both emergency projects and day to day operations.
Candidate must be available for 12-hour shift work from 7am to 7pm and 7pm to 7am.
- Ability to professionally respond to, and manage, emergency calls with a thorough understanding of QM LP’s spill response processes.
- Facilitate the administration and distribution of technical information and key business processes for emergency response projects.
- Additional responsibilities exist for reporting and communication management for QM LP personnel, subcontractors, clients and regulatory/public stakeholders.
- Answer emergency calls connecting clients, QM LP staff and public/government stakeholders to meet activation and technical advice requirements of our contracts.
- Source and distribute predetermined technical information (ERAP, technical briefs, PPE selection, container specifications, MSDS, etc.) to QM LP staff, clients and public/government stakeholders as required to ensure Team Leaders have required resources to manage an emergency response project safely and efficiently.
- Complete detailed activation documentation and job creation activities to ensure details of the emergency project are communicated to the Team Leader and any other defined stakeholders.
- Under the direction of a Team Leader, dispatch personnel, subcontractors, and QM LP resources to an emergency project.
- As directed by a Manager, distribute key information to QM LP staff, clients, and public/government stakeholders, and collect data or research information.
- Provide all other support capacities as outlined by the Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- High School Diploma
- Customer Service
- Knowledge and strong understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Available for 12-hour shift workfrom 7am to 7pm and 7pm to 7am.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Telephone navigational experience
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual in (French/English) preferred
- Emergency management training as asset
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Work is primarily in a fast-paced office environment. Position is for shifts covering 24/7/365 coverage. Majority of night shifts will require working independently. Training will be provided to the successful candidate.