Position Summary – Emergency Response Technician
Reporting to: Operations Manager or designate.
Division: Emergency Management and Environmental Response Services
Location: Region Dependent
QM Environmental is one of Canada’s leading full service civil and environmental services providers with a national network of facilities and specialized equipment depots.
Our Emergency Response (ER) Teams respond to and mitigate incidents involving both Hazardous and Non-Hazardous materials on behalf of hundreds of clients and agencies across Canada. For over 30 years QM has been a trusted name in industry, delivering effective response strategies using industry leading techniques and equipment.
We are currently looking for highly motivated team players to join our growing ranks of Environmental Emergency Responders and have immediate openings for Emergency Response Technicians in the following location(s):
- Winnipeg Manitoba
This is an operational, hands- on position. Candidates for the ER Technician role should expect to:
- Comply with and enforce Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in an On-Call roster.
- Travel with short notice and work within a dynamic shift schedule during on-duty periods.
- Execute field projects within a Team setting including associated administrative duties.
- Operate within defensive and offensive response strategies that ensure the safety and well-being of personnel while protecting client property and the environment.
- Participate in ongoing training and team development.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ability to perform physical labor including but not limited to:
- Equipment loading, unloading and operation.
- Shoveling, pressure washing, sweeping, raking or other site labor requirements
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Operating Machinery and mobile equipment
- Ability to work in a variety of indoor and outdoor settings, in inclement weather, and in confined spaces.
Preference will be given to candidates possessing knowledge and/or experience relating to:
- NFPA 472 Operations level certification and/or related industry experience
- Chemical handling
- Hazardous Waste and Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Personal protective equipment
- Spill response techniques
- Incident Command System/Incident Management System
- Liquid and solid product transfers
- Industrial applications such as working with and around heavy equipment, excavation, working at heights, working in and around confined spaces, use of pumps, and use of select instrumentation such as gas detection and metering.
Wages: Commensurate with experience
Compliance with company policies is a requirement of employment. Please note that this includes QM’s Covid-19 in the Workplace Vaccination Policy, which requires employees to comply with QM’s Infection Control Plan (ICP). QM’s ICP requires employees to be vaccinated if they will be working onsite at a jobsite that has a mandatory vaccination policy. Accommodations, including legally eligible exemptions, will be considered where legally required.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
As proponents of Canada’s Black North Initiative, QM continues to support a culture of integrity, fairness and ethical practices.QM Environmental is a staunch advocate for diversity in all its forms, and especially welcomes applications from members of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour) community, women, people with disabilities, the LGBTQ+ community, and those of diverse intersectional identities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as well as part of employment with QM Environmental.