Are you an administrative professional with a background in providing support to Executives? Would you like to work for a interesting, growing environmental company?
QM has an immediate opening for an experienced Executive Assistant (EA) to support our Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
As the new Executive Assistant, you will provide executive-level administrative and organizational support to our CEO. Your days will be spent doing all of the standard EA work that you are used to doing including managing the CEO’s calendar and any incoming enquiries, helping him organize his day, responding to enquiries, ensuring priority items are dealt with, arranging travel, etc. Details are below.
- Maintaining the CEO’s calendar, including scheduling and otherwise coordinating meetings.
- Making all necessary arrangements for both internal and external meetings, including booking rooms, catering arrangements, etcetera
- Drafting and communicating Agendas
- Preparing and distributing meeting notes/minutes, and Agendas
- Organizing and distributing any documentation or information required prior to or after meetings
- Ensures the CEO is prepared and on-time for all meetings
- Coordinating and arranging travel
- Organizing and completing expense reports, for the CEO and direct reports
- Incoming enquiries
- Filtering, opening, sorting, distributing and responding to incoming enquiries including email, phone messages, mail, faxes etcetera, as appropriate
- Ensures that enquiries are prioritized, and that urgent messages are forwarded and responded to in a timely and efficient manner
- Greeting stakeholders in-person when necessary
- Reading and analyzing submissions, letters, agendas, memos, etcetera and determining significance; routing to appropriate people in a timely and efficient manner
- Prepares documents, memos, letters, emails, reports, etcetera as necessary
- May track, analyze and prepare reports for routine information
- Organizing and retrieving files, data, correspondence
- Interact and communicate with clients, internal and external stakeholders, on behalf of the CEO as necessary
- Reports issues to the CEO and assists with problem-solving and resolution, as appropriate
- Reviews and evaluates policies
- Is the “Office Lead” and receptionist for the local office
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information
- Represents and presents the CEO and QM in a professional manner
- Communicates on behalf of the CEO
- Complies with and supports all company policies and procedures, including those related to Health and Safety
- Other responsibilities as required
Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Post secondary education is an asset
- A minimum of five (5) years experience providing administrative support at the executive-level
- Advanced computer skills in all MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams, and ability to learn new technical skills and applications as necessary
- Must be well-organized, with a natural tendency to be good at the details
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Personable; good interpersonal skills and a customer-service focus
- Must be reliable and task-oriented
- Self-motivated with a positive disposition
- Ability to work well independently and with others
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and build trust with team members
- Extremely professional; acts in accordance with QM’s values
- Ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Applies sound judgement to all tasks
Work is primarily done in an office. This position sits at the front reception area.
Please note that QM’s Referral bonus for existing employees does not apply to this position.