QM Environmental is one of Canada’s largest full-service national civil and environmental remediation firms. Always committed to health, safety and the environment, along with our highly trained and qualified personnel QM LP has developed a robust network of suppliers, sub-contractors, consultants, First Nations partners and other strategic partners. Together we are able to meet the diverse needs of our clients across the country, offering everything from specialized services to large, complex end-to-end solutions.
QM’s four business lines include Demolition and Decommissioning, Hazardous Materials Abatement, Environmental Remediation including Civil Earthworks, and Emergency Management & Environmental Response Services.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Part-time Emergency Response Instructor to join our team in one of the following locations:
- Stoney Creek, ON
- Winnipeg, MB
- Saskatoon, SK
- Edmonton, AB
- Calgary, AB
- Delta, BC
POSITION SUMMARY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KEY COMPETENCIES
This role requires applicants to develop content for and be certified to teach many the following courses to QM clients:
- Standard and Emergency First Aid
- CPR-A, C and HCP with AED
- Working at Heights
- Confined Space Awareness and Rescue
- Lock out/Tag out
- Respiratory Protections Awareness and SCBA
- Hazardous Materials Response Awareness, Operations and Technician
- Basic Spill Response
- ICS 100, 200, 300, 400
- OSSA Fall Protection
- Bio Haz
- Asbestos Awareness
- Fit Testing
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Waste Management (Reg 347)
- TEAP III
- Mercury Awareness
- Media Awareness
- Operations and Technician
- Self- Contained Breathing Apparatus
- Fire Awareness/Extinguishers
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Indicators used to define and measure success in this position include:
- Consistent feedback from clients
- Repeat clients
- Expanding services for existing clients
- Facilitate learning in the field of Health & Safety and Emergency Response courses of various disciplines as outlined below
- Client interaction
- Ensure Health & Safety is considered in the performance of all activities
- Read, Understands, and follows Corporate Health and Safety Programs, Policies and Procedures
- Your responsibilities will include other tasks and duties as assigned
- Demonstrated experience in Industrial, Construction, Health Care, Canada Labour Code under
- Health and Safety and in Emergency Response associated standards under CSA, NFPA, etc.
- Strong ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Able to interpret, evaluate and apply regulations, policies, and procedures to a wide variety of
- work situations and jurisdictions
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and motivation skills
- Clean driver’s license
- Own Vehicle
- Self-motivated, organized individual with good interpersonal skills
- Independent thinker
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and general computer navigation.
- Willing to learn other course discipline
- Flexibility to instruct during the day, weekends, and evenings
- Flexibility to travel
- Preference will be given to those with a facilitator and/or adult learning certificate
- Work is primarily in a fast-paced office environment.
- This role is work from home, office based and onsite depending on organizational and clients requirements. Flexibility is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
QM Environmental is a staunch advocate for diversity in all its forms, and especially welcomes applications from members of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour) community, women, people with disabilities, the LGBTQ+ community, and those of diverse intersectional identities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as well as part of employment with QM Environmental.
Compliance with company policies is a requirement of employment. Please note that this includes QM’s Covid-19 in the Workplace Vaccination Policy, which requires vaccination for all employees who require in-person contact with others at a jobsite or in an office. Accommodations will be considered where legally required.