QM Environmental is one of Canada’s largest full-service national decommissioning and environmental remediation firms. Always committed to health, safety and environment; QM has been experiencing a consistent growth in the last years and we would like to invite you to be part of this team.
We offer exciting career growth, professional development, and a culture that is supported by teamwork and open communication. At QM, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with some of the most talented professionals and innovative thought-leaders in the industry.
Project Administrators provide project set-up, monitoring and support to Project Managers, ensuring projects are managed in accordance with QM’s financial guidelines and best practices. In addition, the Project Administrators in QM’s Edmonton, AB, Victoria, BC and Saskatoon, SK offices are also responsible for general office administration responsibilities.
Project Management Set-Up, Monitoring and Support
- Assist the Operations personnel with job set up, tracking, analysis, reporting and closing requirements
- Ensure accurate and timely data collection as it relates to project budget and estimates
- Manage multiple projects, priorities and financial obligations
- Project reporting
- Set up and understand client billing requirement
- Assist with monthly purchase order receiving, accruals, forecasting and profit analysis
- Manage project holdbacks as per client contract
- Attend project management meetings
- Implementation of policies and procedures
Accounting Related Responsibilities
- Timely receiving of field reported data into NAV
- Issue purchase orders for assigned jobs
- Coordinate resolution of 3 way match discrepancies (vendor invoice – receipts – purchase order) for assigned jobs
- Confirm purchase invoices received by accounts payable department are approved by Project Manager and applied to the assigned jobs
- Confirm all job costs accounted for by reviewing reports, estimate and backup
- Provide analysis and back-up for job costs and revenues
- Process, post and deliver accounts receivable invoices
- Assist with collections of Accounts Receivable
Other responsibilities as assigned
Education, Skills and Experience
- Graduate from a secondary and college program related to business administration / accounting or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Minimum 1 year construction industry exposure / experience or project management
- Minimum 2 years in project accounting, accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Computer skills (at minimum intermediate level) – Microsoft Office Environment with emphasis on Microsoft Dynamics, Excel, Outlook and Word
- Construction industry exposure / experience and project management
- Understanding of project management concepts
- Familiarity with a variety of field concepts, practices and procedures
Work is primarily in an office environment, including work-from-home as applicable. Occasional travel to work sites and other office locations is required.
Compliance with company policies is a requirement of employment. Please note that this includes QM’s Covid-19 in the Workplace Vaccination Policy, which requires vaccination for all employees who require in-person contact with others at a jobsite or in an office. Accommodations will be considered where legally required.
QM Environmental is a staunch advocate for diversity in all its forms, and especially welcomes applications from members of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour) community, women, people with disabilities, the LGBTQ+ community, and those of diverse intersectional identities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as well as part of employment with QM Environmental.