QM Environmental is one of Canada’s largest full-service national decommissioning and environmental remediation firms. Always committed to health, safety and environment; QM has been experiencing a consistent growth in the last years and we would like to invite you to be part of this team.
We offer exciting career growth, professional development, and a culture that is supported by teamwork and open communication. At QM, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with some of the most talented professionals and innovative thought-leaders in the industry.
We are looking for a Project Manager – Civil to join our team in:
Toronto and Burlington (ON) & Delta and Victoria (BC)
Project Managers are responsible for executing projects that meet or exceed company financial targets, on time and within budget. Project Managers are also responsible for:
- Managing client relationships, ensuring projects meet or exceed key performance indicators, and business development in both identifying potential works and estimating and working through the bid process
- Overseeing on-site project resources, both human and capital, and
- Ensuring that projects meet or exceed QM’s Health and Safety Policies and Programs.
What we offer:
- Extended Health & Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- GRRSP and matching DPSP
- Discounted Health Club Membership
- And a Great Team!
- Ensures projects are executed in accordance with client contract (including sub-contracts or contract changes), key performance indicators, QM financial targets, within budget and on-time
- Opening jobs (Project Billing Sheet) and obtaining contracts and purchase orders
- Billing procedures, requirements, etcetera
- Ensures that field data, including approving time/hours for employees, is collected and maintained using the most recent version of the field pack
- Preconstruction submittals / permits
- Site documentation (Health and Safety Documentation / Field Packages)
- Project file management
- Ensure safety requirements are met
- Job kickoff with total project team – passing bid knowledge on
- Delegating work / engaging subcontractors
- Providing information for creation of accurate purchase orders and managing purchase order process
- Monitoring / guiding execution (budget, schedule, quality)
- Ensuring project budget is up to date in NAV (working with Project Administrator)
- Change order management
- Project official communications / documentation
- Chairing project meetings
- Ensuring / optimizing job profitability and financial performance
- Invoicing (with Project Administrator support)
- Collection of money
- Post construction submittals
- Project profile summary content provided to marketing
- Lessons learned / post mortem (both financial and technical)
Client Relationships and Business Development
- Working with stakeholders to identify suitable business opportunities and prospects
- Cultivating and managing business relationships, both new and existing
- Leading the bid review process, including:
- Responding to Request for Proposals, Request for Quotes, etcetera
- Obtaining quotes and preparing cost estimates
- Reviewing contracts
- Evaluating bids, assessing risks, and presenting recommendations to leadership team
- Winning business
Health and Safety
- Is aware of and understands the application of all health and safety rules and regulations that apply, including QM’s Health and Safety Policies and Programs
- Ensures that all projects are executed in accordance with, and exceeding, all health and safety rules and regulations that apply, including QM’s Health and Safety Policies and Programs
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in business development and interacting with clients
- In project management and at least 5 years with the direct responsibility for all resource allocation and management responsibilities and with the administration of prime contracts, subcontracts, and contract changes.
- In preparing construction estimates
- In reviewing environmental site assessment reports for the purposes of understanding the contamination conditions of a property and how this relates to the implementation of a remediation solution.
- In evaluating remedial options with respect to various technical, schedule, budget, regulatory, and financial constraints and for the purposes of guiding a design-build remediation process, or for proposing alternatives in a design-bid-build procurement
- Graduate from both a secondary and a post-secondary institution
- Graduate from a university program related to earth sciences or engineering (preferred)
- Certified Engineering Technologist or Professional Engineer would be an asset
- Of environmental legislation, standards, and guidelines related to contaminated sites
- Of the Project Management Body of Knowledge published by the Project Management Institute
- Of the engineering design, tender, and construction management processes and related contractual conditions for a variety of remediation technologies
- To analyze and evaluate complex contaminated sites problems and to plan and lead multi-disciplinary teams of technical and field operations personnel and external consultants to execute remediation solutions
- To prepare detailed ‘bottom-up’ construction cost estimates for the purposes of responding to specific tender requests and in preparing analogous or ‘top-down’ estimates for budgetary purposes
- To understand contracts; communicate project risks effectively with clients and stakeholders and to negotiate contract changes
- To work effectively with various computer software applications such as spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel or similar), project management and scheduling (Microsoft Project or similar), financial accounting (Explorer Contract Manager or similar)
Work is primarily in an office environment but requires frequent travel to work sites, to monitor the progress of work and to meet with Site Superintendents and/or clients.
Compliance with company policies is a requirement of employment. Please note that this includes QM’s Covid-19 in the Workplace Vaccination Policy, which requires employees to comply with QM’s Infection Control Plan (ICP). QM’s ICP requires employees to be vaccinated if they will be working onsite at a jobsite that has a mandatory vaccination policy. Accommodations, including legally eligible exemptions, will be considered where legally required.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
As proponents of Canada’s Black North Initiative, QM continues to support a culture of integrity, fairness and ethical practices.QM Environmental is a staunch advocate for diversity in all its forms, and especially welcomes applications from members of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour) community, women, people with disabilities, the LGBTQ+ community, and those of diverse intersectional identities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as well as part of employment with QM Environmental.
Join the Team://www.qmenv.com/careers/available-opportunities/
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- estimating remediation projects: 3 years (preferred)
- environmental remediation project management: 4 years (preferred)