QM Environmental is one of Canada’s largest full-service national civil and environmental remediation firms. Always committed to health, safety, and the environment, along with our highly trained and qualified personnel QM LP has developed a robust network of suppliers, sub-contractors, consultants, First Nations partners and other strategic partners. Together we can meet the diverse needs of our clients across the country, offering everything from specialized services to large, complex end-to-end solutions.
QM’s four business lines include Demolition and Decommissioning, Hazardous Materials Abatement, Environmental Remediation including Civil Earthworks, and Emergency Management & Environmental Response Services.
We have an exciting IMMEDIATE opportunity for a Roll Off Truck Driver to join our team in Hamilton.
As a Truck Driver with QMLP you will be required to drive roll-off bin trucks to transport goods and materials between demolition sites and other locations as required. Drivers will tarp and ensure the safety and security of cargo, oversee the condition of vehicle, and inspect tires, lights, brakes, and other equipment, monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness, perform preventive maintenance. Projects include demolition and reclamation sites.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Follow all QMLP safety procedures and policies.
- Ensures safety and security of cargo
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, etc.
- Report any required or preventative maintenance to supervisor/shop foreman
- Comply with applicable legislation including safe operation, carriage of goods, driver’s hours, occupational health & safety
- Drive trucks in a safe and effective manner to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life
- Clean trucks as scheduled and/or required
- Participate in routine maintenance
- Read and write daily records
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- Valid Class 1 Driver’s license
- Clean Drivers Abstract
- Minimum of 1 year of dump truck experience
- Able to work long hours, overtime, and possible weekend work in various weather conditions.
- Willing and able to work away from home for lengthy periods of time on different projects.
- Be fit for work every day
- Be able to pass pre-employment drug screening test
Work is primarily on the work sites. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required for all site work.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
QM Environmental is a staunch advocate for diversity in all its forms, and especially welcomes applications from members of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour) community, women, people with disabilities, the LGBTQ+ community, and those of diverse intersectional identities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as well as part of employment with QM Environmental.
Compliance with company policies is a requirement of employment. Please note that this includes QM’s Covid-19 in the Workplace Vaccination Policy, which requires vaccination for all employees who require in-person contact with others at a jobsite or in an office. Accommodations will be considered where legally required.