QM Environmental is one of Canada’s largest full-service national civil and environmental remediation firms. Always committed to health, safety and the environment, along with our highly trained and qualified personnel QM LP has developed a robust network of suppliers, sub-contractors, consultants, First Nations partners and other strategic partners. Together we are able to meet the diverse needs of our clients across the country, offering everything from specialized services to large, complex end-to-end solutions.
QM’s four business lines include Demolition and Decommissioning, Hazardous Materials Abatement, Environmental Remediation including Civil Earthworks, and Emergency Management & Environmental Response Services.
We have an exciting IMMEDIATE opportunity for a Site Supervisor to join our team in Toronto, ON.
As a Site Supervisor you will be responsible for overseeing the successful implementation of environmental remediation projects in Ontario. We believe in supporting our employees in their personal development and career path. Must have proficient verbal and written communication skills, you will work for the General Superintendent to ensure that projects are implemented profitability. If you have experience in the civil earthworks or utility contracting industry and proven experience in overseeing a portfolio of multi-million dollar projects please keep reading.
- Coordinate activities on job sites. Communicate with Project Manager and General Superintendent as to job progress and scope changes/problems
- Read, understand and follows the Corporate Health and Safety Program, Policy and Procedures.
- Hold effective job kick off meetings, daily tailgate meetings and weekly safety meetings
- Responsible for daily tracking and reporting to the Project Manager and General Superintendent of costs and ensuring cost effectiveness of procedures on a job site is such that actual costs are at or below planned costs in the Control Estimate
- Establish rates in conjunction with PM and General Superintendent to source competitive bids and materials
- Management of project and operational cost control logs
- Act as a liaison identifying issues, scope conflicts and project changes
- Assign equipment, personnel, and subcontractor resources to satisfy project requirements and in accordance with union agreements (if applicable)
- Supervise all activities on site
- Ensure safety is #1 priority on site
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- Grade 12 or equivalent preferred
- Valid First Aid/CPR is an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ Supervisory experience in civil construction or oilfield
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Construction industry exposure / experience
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of specifications and blueprints
- Good understanding of codes, laws and other requirements
- Knowledge of quality standards
- Ability to determine, by inspection, that specification and requirements are met
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
QM Environmental is a staunch advocate for diversity in all its forms, and especially welcomes applications from members of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour) community, women, people with disabilities, the LGBTQ+ community, and those of diverse intersectional identities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as well as part of employment with QM Environmental.
Compliance with company policies is a requirement of employment. Please note that this includes QM’s Covid-19 in the Workplace Vaccination Policy, which requires vaccination for all employees who require in-person contact with others at a jobsite or in an office. Accommodations will be considered where legally required.