QM Environmental is Canada’s premier industrial services company. We offer a full suite of environmental contracting services, including environmental construction, such a landfills and related facilities, earthen dam raises, slope and waterway restoration etc. remediation, hazardous materials abatement, emergency response and training.
Location: Victoria, BC
QM is pleased to announce that we have an opening for a Foreman/Supervisor in our Hazmat division to support the various projects in and around Delta, British Columbia.
- Supervise, coordinate, and lead crews on job sites to ensure successful day to day operations
- Read, understand and follow Corporate Health and Safety Program, Policies and Procedures
- Serve as a role model for the health and safety standards to be implemented and maintained
- In conjunction with any appointed Safety Officer, develop site –specific health and safety plans
- Ensure that written procedures are available and used for tasks that require written procedures
- Provide for OHS Program related training programs for supervisors and employees, including client and QH specific site safety orientation before coming to work sites
- Ensure that workers report all injuries and that treatment for injuries are recorded
- Ensure that employees are provided with all required personal protective equipment and clothing
- Ensure that QM, client and regulatory requirements are adhered to in day-to-day work activities
- Ensure regular on-going inspections of the workplace are conducted and immediately correct identified unsafe work practices and conditions
- Report to the Project Manager and Operations Manager immediately, all incidents that must be reported or investigated
- Ensure incident investigations are conducted when required
- Review all site investigations and accident investigations
- Schedule and present regular safety crew talks
- Assign a qualified person with responsibilities for coordinating project health and safety when fulfilling prime contractor responsibilities
Education & Occupational Certification
- Grade 12 is an asset
- Must have Asbestos Awareness Ticket
- Direct experience estimating jobs and supervising their staff and coordinating other trades/departments
- Experience in supervising jobs related to remediation or demolition is an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
- Four (4) or more years of specific experience estimating jobs and supervising and coordinating employees,
- Direct responsibility for all resource allocation and management responsibilities and with the administration of prime contracts, subcontracts, and contract changes
- In evaluating options with respect to various technical, schedule, budget, regulatory, and financial constraints and for the purposes of guiding the demolition process
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to work long hours, overtime, and possible weekend work in various weather conditions
- Willing and able to work away from home for lengthy periods of time on different projects
- English language — verbal, reading and written
- Must be able to lift 25-50 Lbs.
- Be fit for work every day
QM LP will provide appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for all site work. Candidates must provide their own steel toe CSA approved work boots.
QM Environmental invites applications from all qualified candidates; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.