QM Environmental is Canada’s premier industrial services company. We offer a full suite of environmental contracting services, including environmental construction, such as landfills and related facilities, earthen dam raises, slope and waterway restoration etc. remediation, hazardous materials abatement, emergency response and training.
QM is currently seeking a Site Surveyor to join our team for the delivery of a multi-year major project in Gunnar, SK. This is a long-term position with opportunities to leverage technical ability and innovation across our project related geomatics reliant businesses in Canada.
Perform as lead technical field support with respect to surveying (topographic, construction and similar)
- Direction, supervision, and control of construction surveying;
- Maintenance of field and spatial data;
- Equipment and staff programming
- Process field data and plan checking
- Verify accuracy of survey data;
- Record the results of survey including the shape, contour, locations, elevation and dimensions of land or land features
- Collecting and recording required as-built data;
- Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and construction personnel;
- Collaborate with our Team in applying and improving the work process; Client Liaison and Digital Data Issue:
- Standard documents for reporting
- Other duties as required
Education and Occupational Certification:
- Have an in-depth knowledge of field surveying including, topographical surveys and construction layouts predominantly for civil construction;
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, geomatics or survey engineering; or a college diploma in survey science or geomatics technology is considered an asset
- 2+ years of experience at the professional level;
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities;
- Exceptional people management skills and the ability to work well in a team environment;
- Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, field data collection;
- Proficient knowledge of survey theory and GPS technology;
- Practical knowledge of Topcon Magnet, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office Suite of software;
- Producing models for GPS controlled equipment
12 hour shifts (7am to 7pm) on a rotation of 21 days ON and 21 days OFF
Both office and outdoor activities related to typical construction site work environments. Ability to work in inclement weather conditions and travel are required.
Committed to both employment equity and providing barrier-free and accessible employment, QM Environmental welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous Peoples, people with disabilities, and women. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as well as part of employment with QM Environmental.