QM Environmental is one of Canada’s largest full-service national decommissioning and environmental remediation firms. Always committed to health, safety and environment; QM has been experiencing a consistent growth in the last years and we would like to invite you to be part of this team.
We offer exciting career growth, professional development, and a culture that is supported by teamwork and open communication. At QM, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with some of the most talented professionals and innovative thought-leaders in the industry.
QM is currently seeking a site surveyor to join our team for the delivery of a multi-year major project in Port Hope, ON. This is a long-term position with opportunities to leverage technical ability and innovation across our project related geomatics reliant businesses in Canada
- Perform as lead technical field support with respect to surveying (topographic, construction and similar)
- Direction, supervision, and control of construction surveying;
- Maintenance of field and spatial data;
- Equipment and staff programming
- Process field data and plan checking
- Verify accuracy of survey data;
- Record the results of survey including the shape, contour, locations, elevation and dimensions of land or land features
- Collecting and recording required as-built data;
- Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and construction personnel;
- Collaborate with our Team in applying and improving the work process; Client Liaison and Digital Data Issue:
- Standard documents for reporting
- Other duties as required
Education and Occupational Certification:
- Have an in-depth knowledge of field surveying including, topographical surveys and construction layouts predominantly for civil construction;
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, geomatics or survey engineering; or a college diploma in survey science or geomatics technology is considered an asset
- 2+ years of experience at the professional level;
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities;
- Exceptional people management skills and the ability to work well in a team environment;
- Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, field data collection
- Proficient knowledge of survey theory and GPS technology
- Practical knowledge of Trimble Business Centre, AutoCAD, and Microsoft suites of software.
- Producing models for GPS controlled equipment.
We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).QM Environmental welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as well as part of employment with QM Environmental.